If you are an artist that imagines undiscovered horizons wrought from pixels and code, the opportunity to build amazing worlds awaits.
Bungie is looking for experienced talent eager to join an incredible team of artists. As an environment artist you will be responsible for developing style, visual storytelling and refined, well-crafted gameplay spaces to our Destiny releases.
- Translate approved concept art into 3D elements of gameplay and cinematic spaces
- Work closely with activity and narrative designs to build world geometry from rough massouts to highly polished, engaging gameplay spaces
- Engage with the larger environment art team to provide gameplay and visual feedback
- Contribute ideas on how to engage and delight our players through how they experience the worlds and environments of Destiny.
- Assemble spaces using a combination of pre-existing modular kit pieces and bespoke, custom set pieces (including associated modeling, uv and shader work, technical setup, etc).
- Work closely with our lighting artists to build environments and lighting that support the intended player experience.
- Polish gameplay environments with tasteful creation and deployment placement of set dressing, decals, devices and dynamic objects, etc.
- Efficient communication and strong collaboration skills
- Robust understanding of light, value, composition, color, staging and detail in environmental design
- Strong sense of scale and spatial awareness
- Understanding of how the environment affects game play
- High level of proficiency in contemporary game dev software (Photoshop, Maya, Max, Zbrush, Substance Designer, and other 2D/3D applications)
- Professional experience working with current generation game engine / pipelines
- Experience in a collaborative game development environment crafting playable space
- Responsible time management skills
- A strong interest for games and creating gaming environments
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.