When you look at fresh new concept art, what do you see? Do you see a 2D design that needs to be sculpted in 3D, or do you visualize how the buckles and straps fit together and hold armor over an under suit in a functional and comfortable way? Do you think about the story a suit of armor tells the player, or the experience fighting through a hoard of the monsters you are about to realize in 3D? When you start to sculpt or texture, do you think about everyone that will need to work on the character to bring it to life for the player experience?
We are looking for Artists who champion the character design, the game, and the final player experience in every piece they do. To breathe life into the characters that tell Bungie’s stories. To bring smiles to people’s faces as they live the games we make together. If this is the experience you are looking for, we’d love to hear from you. Be a part of our team and let’s create new worlds together!
- Translate fully realized concepts or simple napkin sketches into next-gen models of characters and Armor
- Author realistic, futuristic, and sometimes space magic textures for multiple shader functions for PBR, such as albedo, normal, roughness, metal, and detail maps
- Meet the quality bar established by the Art Director and Lead Artist
- Incorporate technical, artistic, basic understanding of animation, and knowledge of character design into asset creation
- A well-rounded understanding of human anatomy, form, shape, structure, and silhouette
- Knowledge of 3D Max or Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush and/or Mudbox
- Ability to learn high to low poly pipelines
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to take feedback
- Passion and desire to create great games
- Experience with Substance Designer, Substance Painter, and Marvelous Designer
- Traditional art skills
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.