Bungie seeks a Production Director for an exciting opportunity on a new title! We are searching for an experienced leader with an entrepreneurial spirit who has experience managing complex projects with a distributed team. As Production Director, you will work with internal and external development partners to create and execute sustainable production plans. You will ensure that the team follows production best practices and supports the management and career growth of the producers on their team.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated and passionate organizer of people and processes who embodies a service mindset. If you're a Producer with a passion for continuous improvement, who is excited by the opportunity to orchestrate complex projects and critical initiatives, then we might have the role for you!
- Drive production initiatives, identify and resolve strategic and tactical project management issues.
- Lead a team of internal and external producers to create robust production plans for their ownership area and to execute effectively against those plans
- Lead the detailed planning of internal milestones, playtests and external releases
- Ensure your team is healthy and working optimally and sustainably to achieve the team’s goals
- Produce your leadership team including scheduling and running rituals, tracking risks, etc.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to resolve major risks in development plans
- Lead by example in terms of production craft and subject matter expertise within the team
- Iterate production processes to continuously improve our velocity, teamwork, and transparency
- Assist the Executive Producer in managing production budgets, including both staff headcount and development budget, and shaping the future development roadmap
- Evaluate staffing needs and make recommendations for changes
- Help craft and drive the evolution of production practices at Bungie
- Experience leading development teams
- Multiple shipped titles on PC/Console/Mobile in a lead or higher level
- Managed multiple teams through all stages of product lifecycle from Concept to Live Operations
- Managed international development teams, outsourcers and technology partners
- Exemplary communication skills, outstanding analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Solid Project Management software experience (Jira, Confluence, Excel, OneDrive, etc.)
- Great understanding of how to run Live Operations from a production-craft perspective
- Social intelligence, great interpersonal skills, and empathy for creative teams
- Demonstrable experience fostering teamwork and building high functioning teams
- Champion for development sustainability with high-quality work-life balance
- Dedication to the principles of servant leadership
- Desire for continuous improvement in all aspects of the job
- Passion and experience in developing free to play titles
- Strong interest and knowledge of current game market opportunities and best practices
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.