As Creative Director, you will be the tip of the spear to define the vision and features for a new 3rd-person action game at Bungie! You will work with the project’s leadership and executive team to create and iterate on a vision document, a feature list, and technical specs. You will drive the creative vision for multiple stages of playable prototypes to prove out and iterate on that vision. You will participate directly in the creation and iteration of playable prototypes at all stages of development.
- Work with the Game Director and Project Leadership Team to define a compelling pitch for a new action game
- Work closely with the art, technical, production, and studio stakeholders to create and maintain a powerful vision and formulate key design pillars and features
- Define, create, and iterate on playable prototypes and builds at all phases of a game’s development
- Communicate the game vision across all of the team’s members and partners
- Review and modify priorities, timelines, and iterations on the vision, feature list, and technical specifications
- Previous experience at a Design Lead or Director level on AAA games
- Enthusiasm and understanding of action game genre
- Proven ability to drive a cohesive design vision while managing a scope that supports a healthy environment
- Social intelligence, great interpersonal skills, and empathy for creative teams
- Proven ability in design and implementation of industry-leading action gameplay and systems
- Ability to handle ambiguity, including effectively leading a team during incubation periods of projects
- Excellent leadership and ability to create excitement in multi-disciplinary teams with words alone
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to create and maintain a collaborative environment for new and seasoned developers
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.