Bungie is seeking a User Experience Designer to delight millions by designing amazing player interactions within Destiny 2. You’ll be responsible for producing UX design work on a cross functional team, evolving problems that are complex and ambiguous into clear actionable design solutions. You'll work from concept to completion by collaborating closely with other designers to achieve your goals.
- Convert goals and requirements into viable solutions that follow and complement our UX strategy and design principles
- Utilize appropriate UX design methodologies like conducting player interviews, visualizing player flows, prototyping, and playtesting
- Work with design leads to establish and document strategies, guidelines, and patterns
- Effective collaborator: You know how to move a design forward with your team and in discussions with stakeholders using solid and proven collaboration methods
- A clear communicator: You communicate in a clear and focused manner to inspire teams to consider UX in their designs and present designs to stakeholders effectively
- User-centered design advocate: You are a committed believer in putting the user needs at the center of all phases of the development process; you identify and advocate the core needs of the users in all design discussions
- Growth mindset: With a solid foundational knowledge in design methodologies (e.g. wireframes, personas, journey mapping, information architecture, interaction design, and prototyping), you're always working to improve your skills and evolve design thinking practices
- Process driven: You can break experiences down in order to ship value to our players. You embrace that an effective user experience needs iterations and frequent evaluations, especially when working on a live service product. You know how to measure success using both qualitative and quantitative insights
- Systematic thinker: Your design process considers moderate-to-large scale solutions that are sustainable over time
- Experience working on a cross-functional product team
- Must have online UX portfolio
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, User Experience, Cognitive Science or equivalent
- Experience in games across multiple platforms
- Ability to use design software (Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, etc.) to convey designs
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.