Bungie is looking for a talented Rigging Tech Artist to join our Armor & Rewards team. You will collaborate with an equally passionate team of content creators to build out 3D and animation content and pipelines. When you use 3D animation software, do you find yourself gravitating toward the script editor to automate and extend the functionality? Are you passionate about building great body and facial rigging systems, believable skin deformation and efficient workflows? If so, you might be just who we’re looking for!
NOTE: Eligible applicants must be graduated from a college, university, or related program within 12 months, or planning to graduate this year, or moving from primarily learning to primarily working within 12 months or transitioning from one craft, function, or discipline to a new one
- Acquire a deep understanding of our engine and related tools
- Operation of Bungie’s proprietary rigging system and DCC tools and technology
- Collaboration with Character 3D Art, Hard-Surface 3D Art, Animation, Design and Engineering
- Creation of technical content for various assets meeting Bungie’s shipping quality bar (Skeletons, Rigs, Skin Weighting, Cloth, and more)
- Quality assurance for 3D art and animation content
- Provide desk side support for Artists, Animators and Designers
- Contribute to and maintain our Maya Python tools codebase
- Develop and maintain tools pipelines, supporting artists working efficiently
- Documenting processes required to educate artists on new tools or workflows
- Professional or personal experience working with real-time game engines
- Comfortable skinning and rigging in Autodesk Maya or equivalent software
- Scripting or programming experience in Python, C#, C++ or equivalent
- Problem solving skills, good collaboration and a keen eye for detail are critical for success in this role
- Motivation for creating great games
- Passion for supporting and enabling others
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
- 3D Modeling
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.