Bungie is seeking a Technical UX Designer to join our UI/UX Org. This design role will plan and implement large-scale UI/UX features in close collaboration with Design, Art, and Engineering Leads to deliver major experiential features for future releases of Destiny.
During these uncertain times and rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely. Once the studio is fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.
- Build and maintain large-scale UI/UX features within our Systems Org and contribute directly to our design guidelines and style guides
- Gain proficiency in proprietary software tools and pipeline processes to implement visual designs (including visual elements like text, bitmaps, and animations) to a fully-functional and polished state
- Collaborate with engineering on toolbox, technical requirements, and data flows
- Collaborate closely with fellow designers to creatively solve design problems, taking into account UX principles and technical limitations
- Devise and champion best practices for implementation in the areas of structure, organization, reusability, and maintainability.
Advocate best practices for UI content development and principles and communicate changes to stakeholders across a whole project
- Utilize graphics software applications to design and produce graphics for UI content
- Aid and support in final design and visual polish of various in-game elements, as needed
- Experience in the field of technical implementation and deployment of large-scale games or software solutions
- Skills in implementing a fully functional and visually polished User Interface
- Practical understanding of UX methodology, UI mechanics, and Design theory
- Effective at communication and problem solving
- An understanding of graphics optimization and engine constraints
- Ability to take creative approach to solving challenging, complex problems
- Strong organization skills and the ability to follow established conventions
- Technical ability to pick up complex authoring tools effectively
- Enthusiasm for making industry leading game UI
- Scripting/programming experience
- Experience working in Agile and using a User-Centered Design process
- Previous working experience in games across multiple platforms
- Motion Graphics and Visual Effects
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.