Do you love games and the technology that enables the crafting of multiplayer experiences? Do you enjoy collaborating closely with creative talent? Would you like to help Bungie continue to build amazing gameplay? As a Gameplay Engineering Lead at Bungie, you will collaborate with other engineers to extend and improve the Destiny 2 sandbox and help formulate our strategy for extending it in a constantly evolving live-service environment. You will learn how Destiny’s gameplay systems work and you will learn our networked gameplay architecture. Most importantly, you will work with a fun and dedicated team devoted to creating world-class gaming experiences.
- Guide six Destiny 2 gameplay sandbox engineers
- Collaborate with design leads to develop technical solutions that meet their needs
- Manage two to four gameplay engineers, providing support, technical mentorship, constructive feedback, and career development coaching
- Be a driver, decision-maker, or guide for technical decision-making in the area, as appropriate
- Ability to build and maintain production quality C++ code.
- Experience designing and building player gameplay features
- Effective communication with fellow engineers to jointly design, write, and review code through team consensus and alignment
- Ability to communicate with customers from both technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals
- Mathematics background in trigonometry, linear algebra, and calculus
- Experience leading (managing, mentoring, or guiding) engineers through planning, developing, and shipping is a huge plus
- Experience with entity-component architectures for implementing gameplay
- Experience working on a live service game
- Experience working on networked gameplay
- Experience working on animation
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.