Join a team of Bungie art leads to define what Destiny can achieve on an unannounced project. The VFX Lead is responsible for guiding and mentoring external development partners in creating inspirational VFX for an unannounced game. This includes creating VFX Style Guides and other supporting visual documentation to communicate IP standards. The VFX Lead maintains the quality and consistency of the Destiny IP VFX content, while giving our partners enough freedom to meet the needs of their players and markets. The VFX Lead will also work closely with the Creative and Art Director as part of a cross-functional leadership team that is responsible for delivering timely feedback to our partners.
- Maintain Destiny IP quality and consistency while working with external partners
- Coordinate with the project Creative Director, Art Director, and other leads to align on the vision for expanding the Destiny IP
- Work closely with the project Creative Director and Leadership Team to set guidelines for implementation of the Destiny IP
- Review the content of partner teams and work with them to revise based on reactions from studio leadership, project leads, and playtesting
- Act as the single point of contact for VFX communication with the partner teams
- Work with project team Design / Creative Direction to provide VFX feedback and guidance
- Help guide partners on processes Bungie uses to build world and sandbox VFX
- Collect content and establish guidelines by collaborating with studio Art Leadership
- VFX lead experience on a AAA or large mobile game
- Advanced understanding of the core principals of art content creation
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Social intelligence, great interpersonal skills, and empathy for creative teams
- Ability to handle ambiguity, including effectively leading a team in spite of that ambiguity
- Self-motivated and proactive about both teaching and learning VFX processes
- Willingness to work outside of core hours for conference calls with partner teams (typically 5-8pm)
- Thorough understanding of Destiny art vision, pillars, and processes
- Experience working with external partners
- Experience working on games as a service/live content
- Mandarin language skills are a plus
- Willingness to travel to China and host visits from partner teams on a regular cadence (likely every 3 months at most)
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.