Does the challenge of building an entertainment platform that brings together people from all over the globe excite you? Do you want to craft highly available, elastic services? Are you interested in leveraging cloud technologies to build systems more efficiently?
As a Senior Software Engineer with a focus on cloud applications, you will work closely with other service engineers, systems engineers, Site Reliability Engineers, and product owners to design and develop the core services that power Bungie’s online worlds. Leveraging your knowledge of modern cloud platforms, you’ll focus on ensuring data consistency, reducing latency, and simplifying operations of our distributed systems as we move to massive scale.
As a member of a small team serving a diverse set of teams and products, you will have opportunities to expand your skills and knowledge in architecture, development, performance engineering, DevOps, and more. By establishing secure, reliable, and scalable patterns for services in the cloud, you will empower your teams to reach a diverse and growing group of players and to fulfill our core purpose: to create worlds that inspire friendship.
- Design, build, test, and maintain services built on AWS and GCP cloud platforms
- Support the scale and concurrency needs of our next-generation titles
- Be part of an on-call rotation
- Proven professional experience as a software engineer working with cloud architectures that support a high volume of concurrent users
- Proficiency in developing cloud functions and services with C#, Go, Java, or another compiled language
- Demonstrable understanding of distributed blob, columnar, and key-value storage technologies and their applications
- Familiarity with analyzing distributed systems for performance and implementing performance improvements
- Ability to communicate with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate cloud technology and achieve their goals
- Experience with containerized applications
- Experience with Bazel or similar build systems
- Experience with domain-oriented or resource-oriented design principles
- Interest in management and/or mentorship responsibilities
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.