The Bungie international team is searching for a Senior Digital Advertising manager to be based out of Bungie's future international office in Amsterdam to help lay the groundwork for a digital advertising platform that will drive Destiny and Bungie’s player growth.
In this role, you will be responsible for reaching and engaging with Bungie audiences through paid media – aligning with the Bungie Digital Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations and Community teams. Working with these groups, you will create the international digital advertising strategy – building effective advertising campaigns while discovering new growth and player engagement opportunities. You are data-informed with a focus on driving cost-effective market awareness and player acquisition for the business.
Gone are the days of single platform acquisition and measurement. In this role, you will partner closely with the analytics and creative teams; pioneering new ways to buy and track multiplatform (game consoles, PC) performance across various business objectives - ensuring the right audiences are met with a compelling value proposition. Your work will be critical to shaping Bungie’s go-to-market paid media strategy and platform for years to come.
- Alongside the Global team – integrate franchise marketing plans into the paid media strategy, defining the roadmap for international media buying across all networks and channels in multiple markets.
- Optimizes and manages campaigns targeting existing and new players, defining awareness and performance media buying tactics.
- Manages relationships with top marketing channels, influencing partner roadmaps towards improved advertising performance.
- In collaboration with our central team, help build tools and analysis measuring campaign ROAS and awareness – tracking performance across player progression benchmarks to evaluate user quality.
- Maintains a high level, up-to-date understanding of ad platform best practices.
- Proactively uncovers opportunities for revenue growth, identifying and collaborating with relevant team members driving project to completion.
- Defines key performance indicators for marketing campaigns and channels, partnering closely with Analytics and leadership teams.
- Tests new sources of traffic, products, creative concepts, and targeting ideas under a measured framework.
- Innovates digital advertising through campaign experimentation, building upon established practices in unconventional ways.
- Performs detailed analysis evaluating marketing campaign performance.
- Ensures that area and project leadership are aligned on acquisition strategy during global campaign launches.
- Educates and mentors other people within the Media Buying organization.
- 4+ years running digital advertising campaigns - ideally in the video game industry.
- Hands on campaign management experience with Facebook and Google ad platforms. Experience working with programmatic DSP also a plus (managed or self-serve).
- A track record of successfully managing a seven-figure monthly digital advertising budget above target KPI.
- Knowledge of tracking or attribution providers, and how to leverage these platforms to improve campaign performance and insights.
- Creative problem-solving acumen with the analytical rigor to confirm or invalidate assumptions.
- Experience managing & collaborating with a team of professionals or multiple agencies – delivering high-quality results.
- Ability to work autonomously and handle ambiguity with quickly evolving goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, SQL proficiency is a plus.
- Passionate about video games
- Deep familiarity with the Destiny franchise and its online player communities.
- Experience with enterprise scale live operations, games as a service, MMO, and mobile and companion experiences.
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.