Bungie is looking for a Technical Artist ready to build the features that defines our next generation of rendering. As a Central Technology Technical Artist you will be on the front lines of engine development. Your work will directly enable our content creators to work more efficiently, producing higher quality content, and shape the future rendering capabilities of the engine.
This role focuses on graphics, surfacing and their associated workflows to unlock our creative teams potential. You will hone your skills to tackle a diverse set of visual challenges with an eye on sustainable solutions. Collaborating with graphics engineers, join our team of technical artists if you are ready to take on the immense visual range Bungie games have to offer.
- Build the content pipelines and render features that define future releases
- Collaborate with content creators of all types to improve their efficiency
- Write new shaders and render features to upgrade the screen and delight our customers
- Collaborate with artists and engineers to define a roadmap for integrating new technologies
- Acquire a deep understanding of our engine tools and technology
- Create sample content to prove out new workflows and showcase visual improvements
- Provide documentation to ensure content creators fully realize our systems potential
- Seek out and develop improved methods of content creation
- Professional game development experience
- Proven experience in Technical Art or a similar role
- Experience reading and writing shader code in HLSL or GLSL
- Experience creating tools in Python or C#
- Working knowledge of PBR concepts, lighting and shader systems
- Service minded approach to supporting and enabling others
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with little supervision
- Passion for video games and the process to the create them
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.