Bungie is looking for a Director of Central Publishing Operations to successfully drive the planning process and key objectives, develop business plans, and guide area leaders for our Central Publishing Group. This role is responsible for all operational facets of Central Publishing, ensuring that critical teams and stakeholders are aligned to, and sustainably driving towards, successful outcomes guided by our annual operating plan, strategic initiatives, and Publishing roadmap.
The Central Publishing Operations Director is the driver of the work for the Central Publishing Leadership Team and manager of the GGS, Release management, and Player Support leaders. This role also convenes formal and informal working groups to address complex problems (and find solutions) on behalf of the Office of Publishing.
The Director of Central Publishing acts as “eyes and ears” for the CPLT, identifying potential risks or misalignments, researching the issue and mitigations, bringing them to CPLT’s attention, and driving them to resolution.
Accountable to the Chief Marketing Officer, this person will act as a trusted strategic advisor, providing thought leadership, insight, and advice to Publishing leaders of all disciplines. They are responsible for transforming processes, improving communication, and pushing for strategic alignment, ultimately helping to improve business performance.
- Act as driver of the CPLT, mentoring its members and ensuring the team is working together to achieve its goals
- Own the rhythm of the business (ROB) for Central Publishing, including the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), budget, and staffing
- Ensure communication of Central Publishing goals, strategies, and decisions to all relevant subgroups, stakeholders, and customers
- Oversee the efficient planning, resource allocation, and execution of the Central Publishing organization
- Oversee execution of Central Publishing projects that align with Bungie’s vision, acting as a change leader for the multi-franchise organization and process transformation.
- Drive organization and process design to adapt the Central Publishing organization to changing business and market conditions
- Manage the GGS sub-discipline (Senior Localization Manager)
- Manage the release Management team (Senior Release Manager Lead)
- Manage the Player Support team (Senior Player Support Manager)
- Oversee the Central Publishing group: planning, budgeting, staffing, organization, process design, succession planning, and training
- Maintain planning and communication processes for managing business unit and stakeholder priorities for Central Publishing
- Ensure consistent execution of the ROB for Central Publishing, including strategic planning, the AOP, and QR process
- Ensure consistent and sustainable annual, quarterly, and bi-weekly delivery against Central Publishing goals
- Manage and direct the GGS, RM, and PS orgs: collaborate with them to define near-term goals; mentor them regarding project or people challenges; support them in achieving career objectives
- Support a culture of learning and continuous improvement through researching and adopting new technologies and best practices
- Coordinate Central Publishing operations, building and maintaining alignment between Publishing LT and Central Publishing LT
- Provide insight and advise the CMO, OP, and PubLT on topics of critical interest to the business
- Seek out and resolve dysfunction and misalignment
- Develop, refine, reinforce, and embody Bungie’s culture and values
- Foster healthy cross-functional partnerships, externally and internally
- Experience with scaling support teams in an operational leadership role
- Exemplary communication skills, outstanding analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Experience building, managing, and mentoring a team of professionals
- Demonstrable social intelligence, interpersonal skills, and empathy for service teams
- Experience in building, implementing, and managing cross-functional processes and plans
- Ability to deconstruct a complicated interpersonal and / or technical issue into actionable items
- Strong operational background combined with keen business acumen
- Ability to spot outliers in data, find the cause, and drive to understand the unknown
- Champion for agile ways of working and a proven track record of applying agile concepts and practices
- Ability to anticipate and react to issues, and experience in proposing (and driving alignment on) revised priorities
- Commitment to the principles of servant leadership
- Experience working on live (including developer-facing) products ("software as a service") preferred
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.