We’re seeking a driven artist to help expand the Destiny universe through spectacular visual effects!
The ideal candidate brings a passion to learn advanced technical and artistic skills. The candidate understands how to work with a team and will be expected to learn the challenges of modern AAA game development to produce stunning in-game visual effects that support gameplay, cinematics, and environments.
- Work closely with the VFX Lead to author effect assets that enhance gameplay and storytelling
- Use proprietary tools, Photoshop and 3D Studio Max to create effects that balance the visual goals of the project with the performance demands of the game engine
- Meet the quality bar established by the Art Director and Lead Artist
- Collaborate with the Art Lead, Concept, HS, Design, Engineering, and Animation on visuals, functions, style, limitations, etc.
- Help develop Destiny’s visual language through the craft of visual effects
- Participate in constructive critiques, giving and receiving feedback
- Mentorship of junior artists
- Experience working as a VFX Artist on a shipped game title (AAA), or equivalent
- Experience with node based shaders
- Be able to break down a visual effect into component content-types (particle FX, shader FX, mesh FX, post-process, animation, decal, lighting, etc.) and choose the right tools for the job
- Understands the principles of real time visual effects
- Understanding of Art and Visual Design fundamentals (color theory, etc.)
- Familiarity in Photoshop and 3D packages
- Ability and willingness to follow direction, collaborate productively with others, and work to meet deadlines as necessary
- A portfolio or demo reel that demonstrates expert artistic and technical skills, as well as a firm grasp of timing and scale
- Technically proficient, able to identify and collaborate on pipeline innovations
- A dedicated interest for games
- Programming or scripting experience in any language (C++ / Python / HLSL)
- Animation background
- Experience with Houdini, Fume FX, Maya fluids tools, or Substance Designer
- Effective communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.