As the Area Design Lead, you work closely with the Area Leadership Team and Feature Leads on the small teams. Your focus will be on ensuring the small teams are collaborating well with other teams and disciplines. You will work to unblock the small teams from any misalignment, scope or conflicting designs. You will mentor and guide those teams to ensure their work creates amazing player experiences and advances their design craft.
- Coordinating communication between the small teams and other relevant stakeholders.
- Working with Feature Leads, translating direction from game directors into actionable mechanics and execution
- Evaluating and committing to features or updates proposed by the teams.
- Collaborating with production to ensure scope and schedule align with release dates
- Providing ongoing feedback and support for the work being done by the small teams towards their goals
- Communicating the progress and relative importance of these features to the area leadership team
- Maintaining and championing external team alignment with frameworks
- Validating impact and scalability of any modifications to frameworks with impacted stakeholders
- Evaluating, triaging, and committing to live-game updates
- Providing ongoing small team health support
- Experience successfully leading multiple teams of designers through several game development cycles.
- Passion for interdisciplinary collaboration and effective compromise
- Proven ability to interpret and achieve high-level experience goals set by game directors.
- Commitment to creating a positive work environment.
- Self-motivated with an ability to inspire and motivate your team.
- In-depth understanding of game development process.
- Ability to explore and gain an understanding of various disciplines and areas of the game
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- People management experience
- Discipline-leadership experience
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.