Do you love games that engage their players as long-term hobbies? Do you believe you can help design and develop systems for engagement and monetization that enhance the game as a hobby? Do you enjoy enhancing and expanding a robust live service business?
As a Commerce Engineering Lead, you will be focused on developing and improving Destiny’s commerce experience. You will gather requirements, define technology roadmaps, and build systems to deliver commerce features for the game. You will be engaged in full stack development across both client and service technology. You will ensure that our systems are secure, scalable, and agile. You will work closely with our economy and player progression systems in order to achieve commerce system goals. Most importantly, you will work with a fun and energetic team creating world-class gaming experiences.
- Work as a member of a cross-disciplinary area leadership team to resolve personnel, process, and product issues in the Destiny 2 Commerce Area
- Oversee development of commerce features and manage technical risks
- Efficiently deliver production code, workflows, and tools across multiple tech stacks in C++ and C# codebases
- Manage and lead a small team of engineers, providing support, technical mentorship, constructive feedback, and career development coaching
- Drive swift resolution of live bugs in the area
- Facilitate cross-team technical work – establishing process and setting expectations as-needed
- Experience programming in C++
- Development experience with online commerce services for a live service game
- Experience leading (managing, mentoring, or guiding) engineers through planning, developing, and shipping
- Clear, concise, and accurate written communication, with the ability to summarize complex topics and achieve alignment across multiple teams
- Ability to communicate with customers from both technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals
- Experience programming in C#
- Experience with gameplay programming
- Experience developing or supporting game monetization, engagement, and/or analytics systems
- Experience with online services technologies. Eg. Kubernetes, SQL, NoSQL, RabbitMQ, React
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.