Bungie is seeking a talented Visual Designer to delight millions of fans by producing beautiful, functional interactive layouts and 2D graphical assets for Destiny 2. As a Visual Designer, you will be collaborating with various UI/UX disciplines to define features being shipped in future releases, and responsible for developing visual deliverables from concept to execution. The Visual Designer will work with and take direction from design and art leads, along with other stakeholders, to create iconic and memorable designs that contribute to Destiny’s award-winning UI design.
- Produce visual designs using high-fidelity UI mockups, visual comps and interaction designs for large-scale features.
- Produce various graphical assets and 2D icons self-sufficiently in various levels of fidelity and in a wide range of styles.
- Maintain consistency with the Destiny franchise aesthetic pillars across a wide variety of deliverables.
- Collaborate closely with a cross functional team of designers, UX practitioners, strategists and developers to create stunning industry shaping interfaces and user experiences.
- Understanding of branding design and creating icons according to a specific style guide.
- Comprehensive knowledge of graphic design fundamentals like layout, color theory and typography.
- Illustration skills with the ability to produce 2D icons self-sufficiently in various levels of fidelity and in a wide range of styles.
- Collaborative and inclusive approach to solving visual challenges.
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools, such as Illustrator and Photoshop to craft visual designs.
- Creative approach to solving challenging, complex UX and game design problems.
- Effective organization skills and the ability to follow established conventions.
- Technical ability to pick up complex authoring tools quickly.
- Demonstrates consistent communication and problem solving skills.
- Keen interest for making industry leading game UI and an understanding of how visual design can enhance player experiences.
- Must have online portfolio.
- Experience creating animated visual targets.
- Experience working in Agile and using a User-Centered Design process.
- Previous working experience in games across multiple platforms.
- Familiarity with the Destiny games and universe.
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.