- Careers //
- Engineering //
Senior Software Engineer – Content Build System – Central TechnologyApply Now
Are you excited to work on the code that is central to developing and shipping Destiny and our other games? Would you like to apply your expertise in dissecting complex connections to the core of our content build system?
As a Senior Engineer at Bungie, you will work on our in-house content build system, improving, debugging, and supporting the code for everyone on Destiny and more. You'll be optimizing parallel, distributed performance and scaling characteristics when processing terabytes of source content using dependency graphs with hundreds of millions of nodes! As a part of our Central Tech team, you'll work closely with engineers and content creators alike to improve their workflows and deliver content to players.
- Collaborate daily with your team to craft robust, performant, and maintainable C++ and C# code
- Navigate our software architecture to extend, repair, and document systems as necessary
- Mentor other engineers who are working within the content system
- Support the use of the system by content creators and engineers alike, identifying and fixing issues and inefficiencies
- Help translate team goals into actionable plans, often through independent, but team-aligned, projects
- Understand, build, explain, and document complex and interconnected systems
- Proficiency with a compiled programming language such as C# and C++
- Effectively communicate with fellow engineers to jointly design, write, and review code, by driving team consensus and alignment
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
International FTE employees receive competitive benefits.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.