Bungie Studios is seeking an experienced Network Operations Center Specialist to assist the BNOC (Bungie Network Operations Center) in maintaining our datacenter and mission critical operations. The candidate must be a dedicated problem solver who can work independently, follow directions, be able to multitask and prioritize things in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
*This position is full time in our offices in Bellevue & Seattle and we currently require all employees onsite to be fully vaccinated.
- Perform alert-based investigation and troubleshooting
- Engage and coordinate Engineering and Networking teams to provide critical information to enable break/fix solutions for in-game and service impacting issues
- Gather game and service metrics to add to investigations and assist in root cause analysis
- Create and maintain clear documentation and troubleshooting runbooks for common alert types
- Monitor shared inbox and prioritize escalations from multiple teams
- Implement and document production system upgrades and patches
- Manage the tracking and deployment of OS updates in a datacenter environment
- Provide service reliability and availability by minimizing downtime
- Perform walkthroughs and troubleshooting of hardware in server labs and IDF closets
- Provide real-time support for production server farms
- Verify function and availability of a live game environment
- Manage escalations between internal teams and external partners
- Contribute to ongoing development efforts through playtesting, special projects and/or providing technical solutions to problems
- Manage projects and coordinate with Team Leads and other departments in the studio
- Design and implement scripts and applications to improve productivity, workflow, or tools
- Perform BIOS and firmware upgrades on servers and networking equipment
- Maintain and deploy images of operating systems via MDT and WDS
- Provide technical support to peers during problem determination and resolution
- Manage software and service patch validation processes
- Work with peers to improve the infrastructure for service management, deployment, and patching
- Create, modify, and maintain multiple subnets in a production environment
- Track incidents through their life cycle from investigation to root cause analysis
- IT/Internet hands-on work experience
- Hands-on/NOC or field DC management experience
- Extensive experience working in a NOC on nights and weekends on a long-term basis
- Experience with Data Center industry standards including system automation & monitoring
- Hands-on and field experience with medium to large-scale hardware deployment, installation and troubleshooting, especially on Dell, HP and Cisco blade systems
- Understanding of a Windows Server and Linux-based operating systems, including system installation and configuration, file system concepts, resource monitoring, user administration
- Understanding of Windows & Linux network services; specifically, the ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot TCP / IP-based services such DHCP and LDAP
- Able to write scripts in an administrative language (PowerShell, Shell)
- Experience with OOB, including ilo/idrac /CMC
- Knowledge of TCP / IP networking
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good runbook documentation skills
- Fluency in English and a degree in Computer Science or a equivalent related NOC of field experience
- Strong desire to learn new technologies
- Proficiency in one of the following languages: Python, C#, Go
- Experience working with Cisco UCS
- Experience working with storage technologies (NAS & SAN)
- SQL and NoSQL Database experience
- Experience working with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes etc.)
- Experience with industry standard configuration management and deployment systems. (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Octopus Deploy etc.)
- Experience working with Elasticsearch, Kibana, Grafana, Graphite or other TSDBs.
- Experience working with and implementing monitoring systems and solutions.
- Experience working with Redis
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure (Amazon, Azure)
- CCNA or better
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.