As a Senior Product Manager at Bungie, you will research, define and execute against the challenges in the player experience funnel for Destiny 2. You will embed into the development team to tackle improvements to the onboarding and social experiences within the Destiny 2 product. You will use data, insights, user testing, and creative solutions to inform Destiny product development, stoke customer adoption, and deliver commercial success via retention-focused improvements.
This role will tightly partner with both the data science and consumer insights teams to understand, plan against, and tackle deep, systemic challenges for players who return to Destiny 2. If you are passionate about on-boarding, early player lifecycles, or the integration of social systems in games – this is the right position for you.
- Drive product management on Destiny 2 social and player funnel features from concept and strategic planning through to objectives, development alignment, go-to-market, and customer satisfaction
- Communicate and collaborate with leadership across development and publishing to help us successfully develop and release seasonal features best targeted to consumers, support ongoing live efforts, and streamline and improve internal processes
- Partner with various Systems teams to prioritize the backlog and roadmaps, maximizing performance through the informed prioritization of innovative features and content that speak to the live community
- Ensure seasonal and expansion content integrate smoothly, enhancing the full experience
- Provide input and act as a key decision-maker in the validation process to help steer the product and make sure we are making the right tradeoffs
- Own, track, and report on social and retention metrics that measure and reflect customer satisfaction with new systems
- Develop briefs and partner with consumer insights and user research to evaluate and identify key features, and their efficacy
- Deliver consolidated updates on seasonal performance and work closely with publishing teams to showcase the complete picture of our live seasons
- Experience managing live games, web/social/mobile experiences, and customer-centric software and services
- Proven business acumen with strategic and analytical capabilities, using data to inform strategic and business decisions
- Ability to lead complex operational and strategic change initiatives
- Excellent strategic thinking, problem-solving, analytical, and decision-making capabilities
- Good understanding of statistics, hypothesis testing, and scientific methods
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to lead cross-team initiatives across marketing, game development, and team leadership
- Ability to take broader company/franchise goals and distil them into innovative initiatives
- Experience motivating, leading, and inspiring highly skilled teams
- Deep familiarity with live service products, additional plus if that experience exists within games – MMOs
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.