Do you dream about creating worlds imbued with real value and consequence? Can you imagine reward chases that excite and delight players without feeling like chores? Can you devise a way for a player to grow while preserving the delicate balance of an action game? If you answered yes to these questions, Bungie wants you on our team as our newest Senior Systems Designer.
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to create a wide variety of pursuit and reward based systems that complement Destiny activity content
- Perform advanced scripting and tool work
- Design and create sustainable systems that excite and engage players
- Design creative additions and improvements for existing systems and events
- Tune gameplay values to create compelling moments and a satisfying progression curve
- Professional experience as a designer
- Experience working with game development software and tools
- Experience building reward and progression systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience owning features or leading small teams
- Desire to work as part of a large team and ability to take feedback and direction appropriately
- Technical experience writing text-based scripts to manage game systems (scripting in a Lua, Python, or similar language)
- Multiple shipped game systems within the console space
- Experience working on games as a service/live content
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.