The Visual Designer is responsible for supporting the creative merchandise development process for the licensing and e-commerce needs driven by Bungie’s Consumer Products business. This person will work with a team of Art Directors, Designers, and 2D/3D Artists to bring beloved characters and their stories to the physical world.
- Generate compelling packaging, marketing assets, and consumer products inspired by and utilizing the art and lore of the Destiny universe
- Apply production design methods and skills to take projects to completion through various production assets and pipelines
- Apply Destiny style and brand guidelines to all creative development and reviews of inbound product design submissions from external partners
- Explain reasoning behind decisions and implement feedback in a positive manner
- Provide concise and actionable feedback during product review processes
- Create and prepare graphics, patterns, and other assets for various merchandise applications
- Assist with packaging creation and design
- Handle multiple projects at one time and work with emergent projects and deadlines
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams and act as both artistic and design problem solver
- 3-5 years of experience working on production and graphic design for brands, merchandise licensing, or marketing
- Experience in producing work from concept through production and launch
- Knowledge of print and packaging design
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory, and illustration
- Illustration skills
- Experience generating photoshop mock-ups, and/or editing e-commerce photography, or image compositing
- Experience with preparing files for print and working directly with vendors through production
- Experience working in secondary fields such as motion graphics, apparel design, UI/UX
- Familiarity with the Destiny universe
- Experience working with consumer products business within the gaming industry
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.