Do you love playing games, but love breaking them even more? Do you spend time picking apart game systems in order to understand them better? Or maybe to break them? Are you proud when you do break a game? We may have a job for you!
Bungie is looking for a hybrid Contract Test Lead to guide and mentor a team of contracted testers to drive for excellence in delivering high value to our Destiny 2 fans. You would have the opportunity and responsibility of displaying excellent leadership skills while also performing efficient executions of Destiny 2 content via test passes, regressions, ad-hoc testing, and investigations. You would also be responsible for creating tests & documentation for the work your team performs.
Estimated Duration: 12 months
- Help the Test leadership create a long-term plan for the testing needs of your development team.
- Work with the Destiny team to build and execute a sustainable project test plan that takes the team's test staffing, quality goals, and time constraints into account.
- Create test cases, test suites and other relevant documentation for the work your team does.
- Mentor your testing team through best bug writing practices with a deep attention to detail
- Execute test work (test passes, regressions, etc.) as an individual contributor on your team
- Utilize excellent communication skills to succinctly explain complex issues to stakeholders
- Drive coordination of high impact test areas including, Test Passes, Ad-Hoc Testing, Regression Testing, etc.
- Work with Test Lead to guide team through day-to-day tasks, milestones, and training
- Create reports around team health and task deliverables to the direct manager
- Unblock test resources through golden path workflows
- Work with Test Lead to hold contract testers accountable to Test expectations
- Software testing & test planning experience
- Effective experience in video game QA (Developer or Publisher side)
- Experience in a test leadership position (contract or full-time employee)
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Thorough troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of leadership skills
- Ability to work independently and with teammates in the Test organization
- Willingness to manage complicated regression scenarios on multiple platforms (multi-tasking)
- Effective organizational skills
- Thorough personal testing capabilities
- Experienced gamer (FPS or MMO) including a solid foundation as a Destiny player
- Ability to interpret game systems and use that knowledge to highlight potential exploits
- Previous experience working on shipped console or PC titles
- Experience testing multiple platforms (Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, PC)
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.