Central Technology Test LeadApply Now
At Bungie, we take pride in how Test helps deliver amazing experiences to our players. We accomplish this by fostering a collaborative but critical environment where QA has an equal seat at the table alongside all of the other development disciplines.
As a Test Lead, you will coordinate and execute your area's coverage by collaborating with cross-discipline peers throughout all phases of development. Your role is to shine a bright light on risks at the earliest possible moment and then highlight potential healthy paths forward, weighing the tradeoffs and costs of your options. You will craft an in-depth understanding of our engine, tools, features, and production pipeline to create effective test strategies and mitigation plans that will improve the value delivered to our players and keep our teams lean, flexible, and healthy.
Test Leads are responsible for their holistic areas and must be able to craft and apply a unified approach to their area's features and content, as well as evolve that approach over time. You will lead the conversation with our content creators on how to mitigate risks and deliver the most value to your players by crafting robust future-facing strategies for consistently and sustainably delivering your area's content. Test Lead roles frequently include management and/or leadership of additional Test collaborators to ensure proper coverage for an area's combined work. Bungie’s Test Leads will often be expertise-driven individual contributors in their areas and lead from the front of the battle as they dive into area coverage and test pass execution.
- Works with team to build and execute a sustainable project test plan that takes into account the team's test staffing, quality goals, and time constraints
- Executes test work as a highly advanced individual contributor, with a focus on sustainable methodologies
- Builds and executes test maintenance strategies for owned content once it is shipped
- Plans and implements sustainable test strategies in a games-as-a-service environment
- Drives team investigations into current test workflows and processes, and identifies improvement opportunities and solutions (including but not limited to process, staff, tooling/data, test methodology, prioritization, and scheduling)
- Utilizes project test coverage experience to work with team to build and maintain technical testing solutions that focus on short- and long-term sustainability and team efficiency gains
- Strong desire to grow yourself and constantly evolve your approach and processes
- Experience operating on a multi-discipline team in a live service environment
- Leadership experience in a QA role within the games industry
- Excellent and efficient execution of test passes and in-depth feature investigations
- Experience working with tools/scripting (languages including but not limited to C#)
- Ability to translate goals into shipping solutions, with a focus on cost effective alternatives and their trade-offs
- Ability to effectively collaborate with external-to-team stakeholders, and to convey complex concepts in a digestible manner (including documentation creation and curation)
- Ability to abstract and apply test concepts of risk, cost/value trade-offs, prioritization, and value-driven processes
- Familiarity with Destiny and/or Destiny 2 or other Action/MMO games
- Desire to grow into a management position that focuses on growth opportunities for reports
- Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Game Design, related fields, or equivalent experience
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
International FTE employees receive competitive benefits.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.