Incubation Senior Technical AnimatorApply Now
Are you on a mission to create games that bond players together into deeply invested communities? Would you like to work on something comedic with lighthearted and whimsical characters? Do you think a lot about how animation systems can create satisfying feedback for players, how streamlined workflows improve animator happiness, or how the right smear frame feels like magic?
As a Senior Technical Animator on an Unannounced Incubation Project, you’ll bring iconic characters to life from prototype through production for a completely new world at Bungie. Your ability to craft and implement stylized animation content will delight players and contribute to the best-in-class action experience that defines all Bungie games.
As a member of our tight-knit art team, you’ll balance craft expertise with a player-first mindset and willingness to contribute beyond your role to improve the prototype experience wherever necessary. Your understanding of design and technical constraints will enable you to deliver functional and responsive systems that support broad animation content without an established pipeline during prototyping. Most importantly, you will collaborate with a fun, diverse, and passionate cross-discipline team devoted to building a new universe from scratch at Bungie.
We look for candidates who value joining a cohesive, supportive team with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, interests, and viewpoints.
- Craft charming, stylized gameplay animations and own runtime setup during prototyping
- Collaborate with multiple disciplines to define and implement robust real-time animation systems
- Combine technical + artistic abilities to achieve fluid, responsive, and expressive character movement
- Work closely with Tech Art to iterate on flexible character rigs and animation workflows
- Establish and document animation implementation processes + best practices
- Provide deskside support for the animation team to resolve technical issues
- Research and communicate current animation technology trends
- Offer constructive feedback during art team content reviews
- Mentor and support other artists as the team grows
- Proficiency establishing runtime animation systems that prioritize responsive feedback
- Experience combining keyframe content with procedural animation and dynamics systems
- Understanding of real-time animation concepts such as layering, blending, and motion warping
- Ability to keyframe stylized gameplay animation, as shown by examples of professional or personal work
- Proven eye for creating gameplay clarity through animation content, especially for action games
- An appreciation for appealing squash & stretch, smear frames, multiples
- Expert knowledge of Maya character animation workflows
- Outstanding ability to problem-solve and drive creative solutions despite ambiguity
- Embrace “we” culture in addition to being an outstanding collaborator and communicator
- Familiarity with development using Unreal Engine and/or Unity
- Familiarity with the competitive gaming landscape
- Proficiency in scripting Maya tools (Python)
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
International FTE employees receive competitive benefits.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.