Incubation Senior Technical Artist - RiggingApply Now
Are you on a mission to create games that bond players together into deeply invested communities? Would you like to work on something comedic with lighthearted and whimsical characters? Do you think a lot about how modular rigging systems enable quick iteration, how streamlined DCC pipelines empower artists, or how to achieve feature-quality character animation within real-time constraints?
As a Senior Rigging Tech Artist on an Unannounced Incubation Project, you’ll bring iconic characters to life from prototype through production for a completely new world at Bungie. Your ability to craft exceptional character rigs and efficient art workflows will delight animators and contribute to the best-in-class action experience that defines all Bungie games.
As a member of our tight-knit art team, you’ll balance craft expertise with a player-first mindset and willingness to contribute beyond your role to improve the prototype experience. Your understanding of animation and technical constraints will enable you to deliver functional and innovative rigs without an established pipeline during prototyping, and then to help us build that pipeline for production. Most importantly, you will work with a fun, diverse, and passionate cross-discipline team devoted to building a new universe from scratch at Bungie.
We look for candidates who value joining a mission-focused team with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, interests, and viewpoints.
- Work closely with Animation to iterate on flexible character and creature rigs that support expressive, stylized movement & appealing real-time deformation
- Research, prototype, and create technical content for 3D assets (skeletons, skin weighting, rig components, etc.)
- Collaborate with artists and engineers to build robust character workflows
- Provide deskside support for artists, animators, and designers
- Develop and maintain internal & external tools pipelines to support artists working efficiently
- Document best practices for creating technical content, as well as art-focused tools and workflows
- Mentor and support other tech artists as the team grows
- Professional or personal experience working with animated characters in real-time game engines
- Proficiency at character and creature rigging in Autodesk Maya or equivalent software
- Scripting or programming experience in Python, C#, C++, or equivalent
- An appreciation for appealing squash & stretch, smear frames, multiples
- Outstanding ability to problem-solve and drive creative solutions despite ambiguity
- Embrace “we” culture in addition to being an outstanding collaborator and communicator
- Experience with development using Unreal Engine or Unity
- Generalist 3D art experience (modeling, UVs, etc.)
- Familiarity with user-centered design principles
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
International FTE employees receive competitive benefits.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.