Marathon Senior Concept ArtistApply Now
Bungie is looking for an exceptional Concept Artist who will work closely with the Art Director and the Concept Art team to produce quality designs that define and expand the look of the game. In this role, you’ll represent and advocate the style and feel for the Marathon universe to help feed ExDev and in-house MTX efforts. You will also work closely with the production art team to help them envision what the finished results can be for the in-game MTX content they are creating. We are looking to be amazed and bewildered with creative designs and artwork that have the capability to inspire creative vision in those around you.
If this role speaks to you, we are right there with you. It's what drives us every day. Give us a shout, we want to hear from you. We are the makers of worlds, dreams, and amazing things.
- Create inspiring and original visual designs, thumbnails, sketches, model sheets and production concept work within deadline
- Advocate, inspire, and ensure that concept art is consistent with defined visual style for the game with other creatives
- Create additional illustrated concepts for marketing and PR needs
- Partner with other disciplines to create concept art for use by Production Artists to create 3D assets that fulfill the visual style and gameplay goals
- Document and facilitate the concept art workflow between ExDev and in-house
- Ensure ongoing timely feedback to ExDev partners working on art assets
- Accurately estimate the time necessary to complete individual art assets
- Create and/or modify existing assets, as necessary
- Ability to quickly iterate concepts given input from the Art Director
- Thorough understanding of product and industrial design, and graphic design
- Professional attitude and an ability to provide and receive constructive criticism
- An exceptional understanding of mood, lighting and architecture with a keen eye towards form, shape, structure, and silhouette regarding illustration and design
- Superior eye for light, value, composition, color, staging and detail in environmental design
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including, but not limited to, figure drawing, landscape painting, and illustration
- The ability to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to the finished illustration and an understanding of translating these ideas to real-time game content
- Self-driven, good communicator and a great team player
- Strong understanding of character proportion, costume design, weapon design, and spatial scale with environmental design
- Experience with Photoshop and Painter
- 3D software knowledge not an absolute requirement, but nice to have
- Enthusiasm for games
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
Contract and International FTE employees receive competitive benefits through their relevant contracting agency.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.