- Careers //
- Game Design //
Unannounced Project Senior Gameplay DesignerApply Now
Do you love the challenge of designing great gameplay? If so, we have the job for you! Bungie is looking for collaborative, creative, and detail-oriented Gameplay Designer for an unannounced project.
As a Gameplay Designer, you will work closely with the entire Design Team designing, crafting, and implementing a robust sandbox of gameplay systems and content. You will collaborate with team members from other disciplines and areas to drive a holistic gameplay experience.
- Creative compelling second-to-second gameplay experiences
- Produce necessary artifacts and documentation to communicate gameplay needs and goals
- Collaboratively design, implement and balance top notch player systems, such as in-game controls, traversal, health, damage feedback, and abilities
- Make the gameplay experience accessible and inclusive
- Work with engineering, audio, VFX and animation artists to make in-game cause-and-effect clear to players
- Develop well understood goals that match the creative direction of the game
- Intuitive understanding of how second-to-second action games work and why people play them
- Previous experience working as a sandbox/systems/gameplay designer or similarly working on action-centric titles
- High degree of expertise with sandbox systems design and low-level game feel
- An understanding of game engines, technology, and the game development process
- Collaboration with designers, artists, programmers, musicians, testers, and producers to achieve a common goal
- Demonstrable oral and written communication skills
- Experience with many modes of online play
- Designing for live-service games and products
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
International FTE employees receive competitive benefits.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.