Unannounced Project Senior 3D Character ArtistApply Now
Bungie is looking to you to help us bring Characters from concept to life in our new Unannounced Title. When you see a character concept drafted, do you immediately want to bring it to life in 3D and see it in action in game? Do you get excited when you see aesthetically functional armor designed associated to a character? Do both organic and mechanical characters excite you? Do you find yourself lost in character texture fidelity development?
As a 3D Character Artist, your responsibilities will vary from championing character design from organic to texturing, to character armor design for the game, and the final player experience in every piece they do. Utilizing 2D and 3D programs, you’ll fashion the character from concept and integrate the assets through proprietary tools to bring them to action in our game. We’re looking for someone who is excited to work on a new unconventional art style while working closely with the Art Director and Art Leads to breathe life into the characters that tell Bungie’s stories. You will partner closely with cross discipline teams to develop compelling and functional characters in-game.
If this is the experience you’re looking for, we are right there with you! It's what drives us every day - give us a shout, we want to hear from you. Be a part of our team and let's create bold new worlds together!
- Translate fully detailed concepts or loose sketches into next-gen models of characters
- Author textures for multiple shader functions for PBR, such as albedo, normal, roughness, metal, and detail maps
- Work closely with the Art Director and the Art Leads to align visual quality and communicate goals for 3D content expectations
- Incorporate technical, artistic, basic understanding of animation, and knowledge of character design into asset creation
- Collaborate closely with Design and Tech Art to align the artistic experience with gameplay
- Conduct frequent constructive feedback sessions in art content reviews with 3D artists
- Participate in playtests and engage in discussions on gameplay experience
- Thorough understanding of human anatomy, form, shape, structure, and silhouette
- Expert knowledge of 2D and 3D programs such as Photoshop, Substance Painter, 3Ds Max or Maya, Blender, Zbrush or Mudbox
- Ability to learn and adapt to new pipelines and knowledge in content creation development cycle
- Outstanding ability to problem-solve and drive creative solutions
- Be task driven, self-motivated, and proactive
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; attention to detail
- Effective communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Technically proficient, able to identify and collaborate on pipeline innovations
- Experience with Substance Designer and Marvelous Designer
- Traditional art skills
- Passionate playing and working on the games you will be heavily involved with
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
International FTE employees receive competitive benefits.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.