Marathon Senior Technical Artist - GraphicsApply Now
Bungie is looking to you to help us bring our pixels to life in Marathon. Are you seeking an environment to pioneer improvements in content creation workflows and visual fidelity? Do you take pride in building tools that are as friendly and efficient as they are functional? Can you effectively drive your own schedule, balancing innovation, support, and education for your customers? Our team is focused on bringing our world to life and we need creative technologists with diverse perspectives to help us achieve that goal. As a Senior Technical Artist, you will collaborate with art direction to define the technologies that will deliver our shared vision for Marathon.
This role focuses on graphics, surfacing, VFX and their associated workflows to unlock our creative team’s potential. You will hone your skills to tackle a diverse set of visual challenges with an eye on sustainable solutions. If this is the experience you’re looking for, we are right there with you! It's what drives us every day - give us a shout, we want to hear from you. Be a part of our team and let's create bold new worlds together!
- Collaborate with artists and engineers to define a roadmap for integrating new technologies
- Build out new tools to empower content creators to do their best work
- Write new shaders and render features to upgrade the screen and delight our customers
- Create tools to integrate 3rd party software such as Houdini, EmberGen, and Substance Painter in the artist workflows
- Assist Artists with the setup of complex game assets and workflows
- Provide guidelines for managing asset memory and performance across platforms
- Provide classroom and written material to maximize content creator efficiency from regular education
- Provide the technical component of look development with the Art Directors
- Prior professional game development experience
- Strong aesthetic sense with a solid understanding of content creation pipelines
- Previous professional experience in Python, C#, C++ or equivalent
- Experience writing shaders in HLSL
- Up to date knowledge of real-time shaders and PBR pipelines
- Experience owning and troubleshooting stability, performance, and memory issues on different platforms
- Experience reading and writing shader code in HLSL or GLSL
- Experience creating new render features for an engine
- Production experience creating VFX
- Production knowledge of Houdini
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
Contract and International FTE employees receive competitive benefits through their relevant contracting agency.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.