- Careers //
- Engineering //
Incubation Senior Networking EngineerApply Now
Would you like to work on a new IP and new genre at Bungie that combines amazing action feel with lighthearted and whimsical characters? Do you want to use your networking expertise to connect people from around the world? Does your heart sing when a game plays smoothly even in terrible network conditions?
As a Senior Networking Engineer at Bungie, you will champion amazing multiplayer experiences for millions of players. You will work closely with combat and social designers to create joyful combat feel in PvP matches and foster social connection in shared spaces. Most importantly, you will work with a fun, dedicated, cross-discipline team united around our mission to create a positive impact in people's lives as we bring a new Bungie world to life.
- Implement and optimize high-performance real-time networking solutions
- Establish and uphold network budgets and performance goals across multiple game modes
- Collaborate with the team to deliver combat and movement experiences that feel amazing across a variety of network conditions
- Create and document workflows and best practices for team members who will be adding networked game features
- Work with other Bungie teams to integrate with online services
- Ability to write, debug, and maintain code in C++
- Professional experience applying high-performance game networking techniques (ex. Replication, prediction, security, and optimization strategies)
- Ability to communicate with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals
- Familiarity with strategies to integrate with online services (ex. REST calls to an account system)
- Experience with networking in the Unreal Engine
- Experience with “games as a service” development
- Experience navigating and maintaining large codebases
- Experience with mobile networking challenges
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
International FTE employees receive competitive benefits.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.