- Careers //
- Engineering //
Incubation Game Services Engineering ArchitectApply Now
Do you love the foundational technology we use to build games and services? Do you enjoy collaborating with engineers, designers and artists, learning about their needs, and developing innovative solutions? Are you invested in building large, scalable game services backends?
As a Game Services Engineering Architect, you will help architect and build the game service backends of Bungie’s next generation of titles. You will work together with Game Services Leadership to identify risks and scale needs. Helping determine which investments to make by collaborating with team members, and building relationships and alignment among multiple Central Tech, game, and operations stakeholders.
We are a small team without strict lines, you will have many opportunities to contribute to different areas: architect, developer, performance engineer, DevOps specialist, and play tester to name a few...
- Ability to design and build game services technology, starting from the perspective of the player experience
- Ability to deliver production-quality code, workflows, and tools across multiple tech stacks in C++ and C# codebases
- Ability to provide technical guidance to teammates and product leadership
- Future management for a few engineers, including mentorship, constructive feedback, and career development guidance. Don’t worry, we’ll help you learn this space.
- Proven professional experience as a software engineer working with a multi-tier server architecture product that supports a high volume of concurrent users
- Experience with high-scale, high-performance service development in C#, C++, Java, or another object-oriented language
- Experience using various storage technologies (such as SQL/No-SQL) and data streaming technologies (such as Kafka/RabbitMQ)
- Works well in a collaborative culture where everyone is a supported member of the team working towards a common set of goals.
- Ability to communicate with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals
- Experience with a variety of current game engines building for many platforms (PC, Console, Mobile)
- Experience with “games as a service” online game development
- Experience leading (direct management, mentoring, or guiding) engineers
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
International FTE employees receive competitive benefits.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.