Contract Internal Communications CopywriterApply Now
Bungie is creating worlds that inspire friendship – and cultivating a uniquely inclusive, welcoming workplace that can empower anyone to do their best work.
Bungie is seeking an experienced internal communications copywriter to create and edit studio-facing communications that are tailor-made to elevate the employee experience. This work is as diverse as it is complex: Copy that recognizes our teams’ success calls for inspiring creative flair, but updates to complicated studio policy require precision, concision, and empathy. Working closely with the Editorial Manager of Internal Communications, this contract position will deliver high-quality day-to-day writing and copy review that maintains a consistent voice and provides a regular cadence of engaging, informative messaging on behalf of multiple stakeholder groups within Bungie.
We’re looking for a strong writer and skilled editor, someone who has a knack for synthesizing dense information into accessible language and themes, and who can be a creative partner for numerous internal disciplines, including Bungie’s Leadership Team, as well as Bungie’s People, Business Operations, and Finance teams. The ideal candidate will have at least five years of experience in copywriting or internal communications and be a self-motivated collaborator able to effectively craft outstanding work on deadline.
This role will report to Bungie’s Editorial Manager, Internal Communications.
- Draft, review, and edit proactive and reactive employee-facing communications, including internal newsletters, user guides, FAQs, policy documentation, and more.
- Partner with Bungie’s People Team – including its Compensation, ID&E, and Talent Programs teams – to support internal writing and editing related to critical human resource functions.
- Collaborate with studio stakeholders to publish internal messaging across a variety of channels (such as internal presentations, newsletters, celebrations and commemorative gifts) that nurtures a shared investment in Bungie’s culture, values, and goals.
- Assist the Editorial Manager to assess stakeholder needs and cut through ambiguity to ideate communications strategy, ultimately helping to drive engagement and clarify messaging for a range of internal audiences.
- Proven ability to create compelling short- and long-form written content at high velocity that maintains the highest standards of grammar, detail, and tone.
- Demonstrable skill as an editor who not only has excellent grasp of grammar and style, but the ability to communicate suggestions to stakeholders with empathy.
- Proven experience collaborating with multiple internal departments at various levels, with the ability to quickly understand goals amongst stakeholders and coordinate to solve for competing messaging priorities.
- Ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment, supporting multiple simultaneous initiatives while meeting deadlines.
- An understanding of current (and developing) practices in inclusion, diversity, and equity.
- Prior experience drafting Human Resources policy.
- Experience building PowerPoint presentations.
- Familiarity with Bungie, Bungie history, the Destiny franchise, and its online community.
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
All benefits, perks, and time off are provided by and at the discretion of external resource partner(s). For more information, please visit: Worker Help Center - Help Center (tcwglobal.com)
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
Contract and International FTE employees receive competitive benefits through their relevant contracting agency.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.