- Careers //
- Business Operations //
Business Operations Manager - Destiny FranchiseApply Now
Bungie is seeking a Principal Business Operations Manager to help drive the future expansion of Destiny Franchise. We are searching for an exceptional Business Operations Manager who will run the Destiny Franchise leadership team’s rituals and strategy processes. This includes guiding the creation and maintenance of the Destiny Universe roadmap, coordinating the timing of releases, and aligning all go-to-market experience and consumer product rollouts in the Destiny portfolio. The PBOM will also craft and manage processes to coordinate and align internal project teams and external creative partners in service of the Destiny Universe strategy and roadmap.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated and empathetic organizer of people and process who embodies a service mindset.
- Lead the strategic and operations planning process across the portfolio in partnership with the VP of Destiny. This includes defining framework, rituals, cadence, calendar and executions.
- Drive execution of strategic initiatives and special projects, including stewardship of the Destiny franchise roadmap
- Become a trusted partner to the Destiny Universe Leadership Team (DULT) driving impactful change through focus and prioritization
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across the business, including publishing, development, and finance teams.
- Facilitate teamwork, alignment and transparency between different Destiny projects and teams, resolving any dysfunctions as they occur
- Maintain the database of executive work – strategic initiatives, tasks, and action items
- Enable a highly productive and engaged senior leadership team, via effective facilitation, decision-making, and follow through
- Be a change agent: Challenge the status quo by finding new, better ways operate and lead the charge in setting up the Franchise’s strategy and operations for the next decade
- Continuously improve the Destiny Leadership Team’s velocity, teamwork, and transparency
- Craft regular communications (email, presentations, etc.) to Destiny stakeholders, the Bungie studio, and partners
- Work collaboratively with DBO, finance and key stakeholders to coordinate annual strategy and budget planning cycles
- Facilitates the development of multi-year franchise/game roadmap, strategy, financial modeling including mid-range plans, special initiatives, MBRs, QBRs etc.
- Build narratives and communication tailored to different audience levels to advance the team strategy and deliver on priorities
- Ensures accountability for the organization’s annual plan and budget
- Contributes to the Business Operations discipline at Bungie, developing and driving best practices and providing mentorship to other business operations professionals
- Report to Director of Business Operations and be accountable to the Destiny VP
- Outstanding project management skills: building and maintaining work backlogs; tracking, scheduling, and driving projects to on-time completion
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills. Ability to deliver executive presentations and broad-scale communication
- Demonstrated experience in rapidly learning new methods and processes and adapting them to critical business needs
- Strong facilitation and conflict resolution skills. Ability to drive high-value meetings through challenging discussions and build clear action items and accountability.
- Experience with agile/scrum development processes and tools
- Passion for and history with the Destiny IP, having spent many hours with its world and characters
- Experience working in creative industries and IP/franchise management
- Experience working with external 3rd parties on co-development and licensing projects
- Experience with Jira, TFS, Asana, Miro, and other similar project management tools
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
Contract and International FTE employees receive competitive benefits through their relevant contracting agency.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.