- Careers //
- Engineering //
Data Engineering Architect (Machine Learning)Apply Now
At Bungie, we believe in harnessing the power of data. We tackle complex challenges and provide game developers with essential knowledge to make informed decisions. As a leading developer of world-class games, we strive to create immersive experiences that foster lasting friendships among players.
We are currently seeking a Data Engineering Architect to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and developing scalable data systems tailored to the needs of our expanding gaming portfolio. You will gain expertise in diverse data sources, such as client telemetry and gameplay, and apply this knowledge to transform raw data into actionable insights. Collaborating closely with analysts, designers, and fellow engineers, you will play a crucial part in creating experiences that resonate with our players. Above all, you will be part of a dynamic and passionate team committed to crafting the finest games in the industry.
- Design, build, and maintain scalable, production-quality data pipelines
- Transform raw data into efficient datasets to support the reporting needs of data consumers
- Develop relationships with game team members to help design the shape of data emitted from the game
- Gather requirements and translate goals into complete data solutions
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team of scientists, designers, engineers, and product owners
- Ramp up to manage and mentor data engineers, providing support, technical mentorship, constructive feedback and career development coaching
- Advanced SQL and Python skills
- Exemplary communication skills: listen to, speak with, and resolve conflicts with members of varied disciplines and external partners in a clear and efficient manner
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience working with big data (TB to PB scale)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with data warehousing, data quality and monitoring
- Experience with near-real time to real-time messaging data
- Interest in Gaming and foundational knowledge of Games
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
Contract and International FTE employees receive competitive benefits through their relevant contracting agency.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.