- Careers //
- Engineering //
Tools Engineer – Mid to SeniorApply Now
Do you like games and code? Do you enjoy collaborating closely with creative talent and industry veterans? Would you like to work on worlds that bring people together at a company that values your work-life balance and is invested in creating an inclusive workplace for every employee?
As a Tools Engineer at Bungie, you will implement, improve, and maintain our content creation tools. You will interface directly with content creators to become familiar with the pipelines they use day to day. You’ll help champion the user experience by optimizing workflows, updating user interfaces, and developing new features.
- Building and maintaining production-quality code using C# and C++
- Building user interfaces using Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Collaborating daily with an engineering team focused on improving art and graphics workflows
- [If senior] Help translating team goals into actionable plans and leading (managing or mentoring) engineers
- Experience with one or more object-oriented programming languages
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers of different technical backgrounds
- Familiarity with implementing and managing efficient workflows
- [If senior] Providing craft mentorship and sharing subject matter expertise to other engineers
Like what you see, but want to know more about what it’s like to be in this role? Check out the rewards of being a Tools Engineer on the Bungie Tech Blog.
Listed below are the two base pay ranges associated with this role at multiple levels. In other locations that Bungie has approved for remote work, this pay range may be adjusted up to +/- 10% and some roles may be classified as non-exempt (hourly).
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
a. Washington State Pay Range I
$136,000 – $163,000
b. Washington State Pay Range II
$162,000 – $191,000
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
Contract and International FTE employees receive competitive benefits through their relevant contracting agency.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.