- Careers //
- Engineering //
Lead Data Scientist – Machine Learning & AIApply Now
Bungie is actively seeking a Lead Data Scientist to play a pivotal role in our recently established Machine Learning team. Reporting to the Director of Machine Learning, you will be entrusted with the responsibility of scoping, prototyping, and deploying machine learning models that will underpin our organization's generative AI initiatives.
As a Data Scientist at Bungie, you will leverage your expertise in data analysis, data science, and engineering to build machine learning services for our games and create internal tools that empower Bungie teams to continue doing what they do best! Most importantly, your work will be essential in creating awe-inspiring entertainment experiences designed to bring people together.
- Stay current with emerging trends and advancements in the fields of generative AI and machine learning
- Work with partners across the organization, gathering requirements, designing project plans, determining approaches, and defining success criteria for machine learning solutions
- Develop, deploy, and maintain machine learning services end-to-end in a cloud environment
- Transform raw data and build efficient pipelines to support modeling and analytical capabilities within our team
- Communicate the results of your analyses to both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Mentor other data scientists and engineers
- Demonstrated expertise in generative AI tools and techniques, including but not limited to Large Language Models (LLMs) and diffusion models
- Ability to utilize cloud-based infrastructure to design, deploy, and manage models at scale within a live service environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of machine learning frameworks such as scikit-learn, PyTorch, and TensorFlow
- Expertise in developing and applying advanced machine learning algorithms and statistical models, including regression, simulation, scenario analysis, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, and more
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, enabling seamless teamwork across departments and disciplines
- Masters degree or higher in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, or a related field
- Versatility when working within a variety of different tech-stacks
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
Contract and International FTE employees receive competitive benefits through their relevant contracting agency.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.