- Careers //
- Game Design //
Marathon Design ManagerApply Now
Are you excited by game design, but even more passionate about developing amazing game designers? Do you take as much pride in your coaching and organization management skills as you do in your ability to design engaging games? Is hearing a person in your department say, "I’m getting such clear feedback from my manager" music to your ears?
As a Design Manager, you will assist the Senior Design Department Manager with mentoring, managing, and building culture within a growing design team. You will partner closely with the Senior Design Manager and area leads to make sure the design team is effectively meeting current and anticipated project needs. You will help guide and train new managers, participate in the recruitment process, organize, and drive craft development, and assist in the performance review process. You will help managers in the department to give clear and regular feedback and ensure proper 1-on-1s are occurring. You will work with the studio’s Head of Design and Design Manager group to help build the happiest, most engaged, and ever-learning design organization in the industry. While we value and desire a strong design background, this role is primarily focused on people management and organizational health.
- Build strong relationships with project leads (creative, design, production, and other disciplines) to ensure franchise needs are being met
- Assist in the recruiting process for the project while keeping it aligned with the other departments
- Manage performance review cycles to ensure proper feedback is given and that promotions are awarded fairly with consistent standards
- Establish a culture of strong management in the department, and ensure that clear feedback is given, accountability is high, and designers feel supported
- Make focused efforts to increase diversity in the department and develop leaders from under-represented communities
- Scour the industry for best practices in craft, culture, and management, developing and leading strategies to mentor and grow our talent
- Work with creative and design directors to improve organization, processes, practices, and communication in the department
- Work with the Head of Design to define department philosophies, strategies, and values
- Relentlessly evangelize and hold people accountable to Bungie design values
- Proven experience managing and/or leading a design organization, ideally of 10+ people
- Proven professional experience as a senior designer (or above)
- Exceptional emotional intelligence and communication skills
- Able to build trust and develop healthy relationships
- Well-developed coaching skills and strategies
- Possesses excellent conflict resolution skills
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
Contract and International FTE employees receive competitive benefits through their relevant contracting agency.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.