- Careers //
- Engineering //
Destiny Senior Gameplay Engineer - AIApply Now
Do you regularly put sample programs through the Turing Test? Are your friends unnerved by your ability to reverse-engineer their thought processes and improve them? Does the urge possess you to seize the fabric of software and from it wrest life in all its infinite variation? Would you like to work on daring worlds that bring people together, sitting next to inspirational industry talent, at a company that values diversity and is invested in creating an inclusive workplace for every employee, while also maintaining a good work-life balance?
As an AI engineer at Bungie, you will help build the future of our AI technology. You will work closely with the design and animation teams to build the future of Destiny combatants. Most importantly, you will work with a fun, dedicated, and energetic team devoted to making Destiny one of the best games in the world.
- Collaborate daily with a cross-disciplinary team to build amazing new experiences
- Provide AI technical guidance, ranging from short-term problem solving to long-term roadmap planning
- Build and maintain production quality C/C++ code
- Learn, extend, and maintain production workflows and tools
- Prior AI engineering experience
- Good understanding of the state of the art in game characters, including AI and/ or physics
- Professional experience as a software engineer working in C/C++
- Strong math background (vector geometry, linear algebra, etc.)
- Experience working on a team and excellent communication skills
- Experience developing tools
- Combatant design experience
- Experience working in Agile software development (Scrum, Lean, Less, etc.)
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
Contract and International FTE employees receive competitive benefits through their relevant contracting agency.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.