Contract Destiny Publishing CopywriterApply Now
The Bungie Publishing Team is looking for an experienced marketing copywriter to write and edit external communications primarily related to—but not limited to—our flagship game, Destiny 2. This position will be responsible for delivering original drafts, reviews, and edits of copy focused on external marketing, community, social, and partnership needs, including helping to manage the publication of creative content on our owned channels.
We’re looking for an effective and disciplined writer/editor; someone who can creatively adapt to multiple priorities across Bungie’s diverse teams, including development, leadership, community, brand, media, consumer products, player support, and more. The ideal candidate will have at least five years of experience in marketing copy/communications creation, ideally as part of a team on a live service game, is a self-motivated and creative writing partner who can effectively prioritize multiple deliverables without sacrificing their attention to detail.
Imagine that you’re editing a draft of one of Ikora’s speeches. You’re in the Tower and the Witness is floating around outside your window, undoubtedly murmuring something horrendous about the end of life in the universe. Sirens are blaring, Guardians are racing down the hallway behind you, and Shaxx is yelling over the intercom that the battle can’t start until Ikora has her speech. Are you still cool as a cucumber and catching every typo? If so, keep reading.
This role reports to the Destiny Editorial Manager.
- Draft, review, and edit product-focused messaging and FAQs, including content for millions of customers via Bungie.net, BungieStore.com, CRM campaigns, the Destiny 2 game client, first party platforms, and various social media accounts.
- Support brand, community, and development teams in delivering repeated projects with challenging deadlines and large groups of authors and stakeholders.
- Serve as a communications subject-matter expert for all of Bungie as well as an intermediary between publishing and development with a focus on creating cohesive product-accurate language.
- Provide tactful feedback to authors and stakeholders with the goal of strengthening messaging while building trusted relationships inside and outside of Bungie.
- Conduct interviews with internal and external subjects in service of creating bespoke articles for Bungie.net and various partners.
- Create resources for media training sessions that prepare employees for interview opportunities.
- Proven track record of creating exceptional marketing copy, as well as short and long form written content at high velocity, while maintaining the highest of standards for attention to detail and tone.
- Excellent and concise communicator in verbal and written forms, with the ability to quickly align on goals with key stakeholders and help enable consensus in areas of conflict or competing messaging priorities.
- Comfort working in a collaborative writing environment where drafts are constantly in flux and editorial control is largely democratized.
- Effective and encouraging editor with excellent grasp of written standards and grammar.
- The ability to quickly distill complex concepts into understandable communication.
- Experience supporting a live service.
- Familiarity with the Destiny franchise and its online player communities.
- Prior experience working at a video game publisher or developer.
- The confidence to ask for clarification even when everyone else appears to already understand a phrase, draft, or concept.
- An almost pedantic approach to language with a strong bias for clear and inclusive messaging even when it means becoming the enemy of fun.
- Willingness to adapt to evolving responsibilities.
- Experience with The Chicago Manual of Style.
- An ardent aversion to assumptions.
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
All benefits, perks, and time off are provided by and at the discretion of external resource partner(s). For more information, please visit: Worker Help Center - Help Center (tcwglobal.com)
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
Contract and International FTE employees receive competitive benefits through their relevant contracting agency.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.