BNOC Operations SpecialistApply Now
Bungie Studios is seeking an experienced Network Operations Center Specialist to assist the BNOC (Bungie Network Operations Center) in maintaining our datacenter and mission critical operations. The candidate must be a dedicated problem solver who can work independently, follow directions, be able to multitask and prioritize things in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Perform alert-based investigation and troubleshooting
- Engage and coordinate Engineering and Networking teams to provide critical information to enable break/fix solutions for in-game and service impacting issues
- Gather game and service metrics to add to investigations and assist in root cause analysis
- Create and maintain clear documentation and troubleshooting runbooks for common alert types
- Monitor shared inbox and prioritize escalations from multiple teams
- Implement and document production system upgrades and patches
- Manage the tracking and deployment of OS updates in a datacenter environment
- Provide service reliability and availability by minimizing downtime
- Perform walkthroughs and troubleshooting of hardware in server labs and IDF closets
- Provide real-time support for production server farms
- Verify function and availability of a live game environment
- Manage escalations between internal teams and external partners
- Contribute to ongoing development efforts through playtesting, special projects and/or providing technical solutions to problems
- Manage projects and coordinate with Team Leads and other departments in the studio
- Design and implement scripts and applications to improve productivity, workflow, or tools
- Perform BIOS and firmware upgrades on servers and networking equipment
- Maintain and deploy images of operating systems via MDT and WDS
- Provide technical support to peers during problem determination and resolution
- Manage software and service patch validation processes
- Work with peers to improve the infrastructure for service management, deployment, and patching
- Create, modify, and maintain multiple subnets in a production environment
- Track incidents through their life cycle from investigation to root cause analysis
- A minimum of 3 years IT/Internet hands-on work experience
- A minimum of 3 years hands-on/NOC or field DC management experience
- Good experience working in a NOC on nights and weekends on a long-term basis
- Good Experience with Data Center industry standards including system automation & monitoring
- Hands-on and field experience with medium to large-scale hardware deployment, installation and troubleshooting, especially on Dell, HP and Cisco blade systems
- Good understanding of a Windows Server and Linux-based operating systems, including system installation and configuration, file system concepts, resource monitoring, user administration
- Good understanding of Windows & Linux network services; specifically, the ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot TCP / IP-based services such DHCP and LDAP
- Able to write scripts in an administrative language (PowerShell, Shell)
- Experience with OOB, including ilo/idrac /CMC
- Good knowledge of TCP / IP networking
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good runbook documentation skills
- Fluency in English and a degree in Computer Science or a equivalent related NOC of field experience
- Strong desire to learn new technologies
- Proficiency in one of the following languages: Python, C#, Go
- Experience working with Cisco UCS
- Experience working with storage technologies (NAS & SAN)
- SQL and NoSQL Database experience
- Experience working with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes etc.)
- Experience with industry standard configuration management and deployment systems. (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Octopus Deploy etc.)
- Experience working with Elasticsearch, Kibana, Grafana, Graphite or other TSDBs.
- Experience working with and implementing monitoring systems and solutions.
- Experience working with Redis
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure (Amazon, Azure)
- CCNA or better
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
Contract and International FTE employees receive competitive benefits through their relevant contracting agency.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.