Contract Destiny Senior Community ManagerApply Now
As part of the Bungie Community Management team, the Senior Community Manager helps to build relationships between past, present, and future community members with Bungie and the development teams. Their mission is to support the community team and its daily operations associated with sustaining the live game.
Senior Community Managers work closely with Bungie Marketing, Editorial, Destiny Player Support, the international teams, industry partners, and the development team to support the player communications and share player experiences and feedback that helps to inform and add perspective to our creative processes. They highlight the passionate humans working inside Bungie and developing experiences every day for the community, create safe places where players can interact with one another, foster relationships with community leaders, and help the development team facilitate communications between all groups.
Estimated Duration: 11 months
- Partner with developers as community expert to help the team explore opportunities to improve the player experience and respond to player feedback.
- Manage and mentor other members of the community team.
- Partner with Destiny Player Support to identify and address player-facing issues.
- Participate in internal play tests to give feedback with knowledge of community reactions.
- Support and amplify the release of official Destiny marketing assets and global campaigns
- Partner with Localization Editors to translate and quality control marketing content
- Collaborate and support international publishing team on regional-specific projects and activations.
- Participate in internal conversations to represent the player base and offer community-informed input on how to enhance the player experience.
- Deliver data informed and anecdotal reports on sentiment and trending community conversations to internal stakeholders and present findings to studio leadership.
- Source, analyze, and organize player feedback for internal distribution.
- Work with marketing and PR teams to identify and amplify community leaders.
- Draft relevant communications to educate, inform, and celebrate the community.
- Create community driven campaigns, competitions, and activations to regularly engage players and drive conversation around Bungie products.
- 5+ years of industry experience managing a passionate gaming community.
- Excellence in written and verbal communication for both public facing and internal communications.
- Experience leading a team or managing others.
- Flexibility with scheduling to accommodate international collaboration across many time zones.
- Strong insights for building and structuring online interactions.
- Ability to create data informed reports on sentiment and utilize social listening tooling.
- Proven track record and enthusiasm for enabling and measuring proactive and reactive. public conversations in a live game service environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Writing
- Deep familiarity with video games industry and games as a service, MMO, FPS, etc.
- Deep familiarity with the Destiny Community
- Some familiarity with Bungie as a studio and its past adventures
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
All benefits, perks, and time off are provided by and at the discretion of external resource partner(s). For more information, please visit: Worker Help Center - Help Center (tcwglobal.com)
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
Contract and International FTE employees receive competitive benefits through their relevant contracting agency.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.