Visual Design Lead - Web ExperiencesApply Now
Bungie is looking for a Visual Design Lead for Web Experiences in Publishing Creative Studios (CS). In collaboration with the Marketing Design Director, you will help set the standards for our marketing web and digital visual design across all franchises and ensure those standards are reflected in every asset we deliver. Collaborating closely with the CS Creative Directors, development Art Directors, Marketing Technology, Central Tech and your counterparts in Art, Design, Media, and Production; you’ll empower a team of internal and external designers to create world-class web design that effectively represents our games and elevates our marketing campaigns. You understand the power of trusted teams and work diligently to mentor, guide, and upgrade the craft of our artists to deliver their best work.
This role reports to the Marketing Design Director, Creative Studios.
- Lead the web experiences visual design team to deliver content for all Bungie franchises and help guide the standards to uphold creative excellence for both internal and external teams.
- Develop and support a healthy, collaborative team environment focused on aiding partner teams in achieving their goals.
- Actively contribute to planning meetings and creative kickoffs and represent the web experiences visual design team.
- Align with Creative and Publishing stakeholders to understand their campaign goals and develop design solutions which balance creative vision with production realities.
- Define and refine the methods, tools, and technology used by the visual design team across web specific workflows.
- Develop and manage the team’s review process ensuring the team receives timely feedback to maintain quality and consistency.
- Drive the development of web experience visual design style guides and component libraries.
- Partner with Publishing Production to balance team priorities and bandwidth.
- In collaboration with the Discipline Manager, responsible for the team's management and career development as visual designers
- When required, create and deliver a variety of visual designs from low-fidelity wireframes to polished multi-page product or campaign landing experiences.
- Experience managing and leading a diverse team in games, entertainment, publishing, or marketing.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems that impact the team's productivity.
- Driven to establish a collaborative environment with other disciplines.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating excellence in graphic design, web design, UI/UX or product design.
- Significant experience in the entertainment or video game industry designing web, digital and campaign designs from UX to final visual design polish.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator) and modern web design tools (Figma, Miro, etc.)
- Experience prototyping, wireframing and documenting user-flows across product pages and muti-page websites
- Experience working closely with engineering and product teams (Design Engineers, TPMs, PMs) to ensure technical requirements are incorporated into design workflows.
- Thorough understanding of typography, color, texture, and composition
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with little supervision.
- Experience with and love of games
- Familiarity with Bungie's current and past releases
- Experience with accessibility standards and practices
- Familiarity with live service game creation and publishing processes
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
Contract and International FTE employees receive competitive benefits through their relevant contracting agency.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.