Are you on a mission to create games that bond players together into deeply invested communities? Would you like to work on something comedic with lighthearted and whimsical characters? Do you think a lot about how art impacts gameplay, how character design can enable fan cosplays, or how character poses and environments speak to different cultures all around the world?
As the Art Director on an incubation, you will define the look of a new Bungie IP and work on all aspects of art as the game moves from incubation through launch and beyond. Most importantly, you will work with a fun, dedicated, cross-discipline team united around our mission to create a positive impact in people's lives as we bring a new Bungie world to life.
We look for candidates who value joining a mission-focused team with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, interests, and viewpoints.
- Collaborate closely with team to contribute to and uphold the creative vision of the game
- In collaboration with your art team, define the look of the project and elevate other artists' work to maintain craft quality
- Establish style guides and specs required to define and document the art direction of the project
- Develop milestones for art team through clear direction and sustainable scoping
- Lead and manage relationships with external art contractors
- Help grow, mentor, and guide the team, including directly managing art team members
- Demonstrable experience leading, empowering, and collaborating with an art team through multiple phases of a large-scale, high-quality game project
- Proven track record of delivering clear and consistent visual feedback that elevates other artists’ work
- A passion for and/or desire to explore and iterate on possibilities of stylized (real-time) visuals
- Embraces a "we" culture in addition to being an outstanding collaborator and communicator
- Ability to take initiative to solve problems with excellent follow-through
- Strong familiarity with the competitive gaming landscape
- Familiarity with development using Unreal Engine
- Experience working on a live game (“game as a service”)
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
Contract and International FTE employees receive competitive benefits through their relevant contracting agency.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.