Would you like to upgrade the animation systems powering Bungie’s next great game? Do you enjoy working with animators and empowering them with tools to build new experiences? As a Senior Animation Engineer at Bungie, you’ll help build the roadmap for our animation technology, driving investments in smoother workflows, new capabilities, and features that delight millions of players.
- Collaborate with art, design, and engineering to create novel animation behaviors
- Update and document workflows for animators creating new content both on the player and AI side
- Uphold animation budgets and performance goals across multiple platforms
- Build new core features in the animation system
- Ability to write, debug, and maintain code in C++
- Proficiency in 3D math, data structures, and algorithms
- Proven experience building and maintaining modern video game animation systems
- Ability to diagnose and address performance bottlenecks in animation and gameplay code
- Ability to communicate with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals
- Experience with modular character systems
- Experience with networked animation
- Familiarity with C#
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
Contract and International FTE employees receive competitive benefits through their relevant contracting agency.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.