As a Senior Concept Artist on Bungie’s Marathon team, you will work closely with the Art Director and Art Leads to bring your passion for design to help establish and maintain this game’s unique sci-fi aesthetic, blending the themes of sports and tactical and graphic design. You will also work closely with the multiple disciplines to help them envision and realize final in-game content. We are looking to be amazed and bewildered with the creative, stylish designs and artwork that have the capability to inspire creative vision in those around you.
If this role speaks to you, we are right there with you, it's what drives us every day. Give us a shout, we want to hear from you. We are the makers of worlds, dreams, and amazing things.
- Collaborate closely with the Art Director, Art Lead and other Concept Artists to produce, advocate, and inspire quality designs that define and expand the look of the game.
- Create inspiring and original visual designs, thumbnails, sketches, model sheets and production concept work within deadline, across a variety of asset types
- Partner with multiple disciplines and stakeholders to consistently create concept art that fulfill high–level IP goals for narrative, gameplay, marketing, PR, and art
- Ability to work on a wide range of content categories at an advanced level (such as characters, weapons and equipment, props, environments, VFX, storyboards, graphic design and branding, illustrations, etc.)
- A strong sensibility for graphic design and industrial design principles
- Ability to thoroughly understand, and quickly adapt to a new style
- An exceptional understanding of color, mood, lighting and architecture with a keen eye towards realistic spatial scale, staging, and composition with environmental design, and an emphasis on shape, structure, and silhouette regarding architectural and industrial design
- Strong understanding of realistic character proportion and anatomy, and advanced understanding of fashion and thematic costume design
- The ability to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to the finished illustration and an understanding of translating these ideas to real-time game content
- Ability to build relationships, provide and receive feedback, and quickly iterate concepts given input from Art Direction.
- Self-driven, good communicator and a collaborative team player
- Experience with 2D and 3D Software
- A passion for games
- Experience collaborating with outsourcing and external partners
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
Contract and International FTE employees receive competitive benefits through their relevant contracting agency.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.