Do you love imbuing digital characters with poise and dynamism? Do you enjoy collaborating closely with creative talent and industry veterans? Would you like to help Bungie create our next enduring game?
As a Senior Animation Engineer at Bungie, you will collaborate with animators and other artists to build the animation technology that brings Marathon's simulated combatants to life. You will help drive the future of Bungie's animation workflow and content pipeline, you will architect systems for new kinds of locomotion and interactions, and you will empower our content creators to bring even more depth and variety to the creatures that inhabit Marathon's evolving living world. Most importantly, you will work with a fun, talented, and energetic team invested in creating a new, world-class gaming experience.
- Learn, extend, and maintain character animation systems and tooling in C++ with some C#
- Learn the needs and workflows of animators and other artists to develop improvements
- Collaborate daily with a cross-disciplinary team to translate goals into actionable plans
- Work directly with customers to triage, prioritize, and provide time estimates for feature requests
- Provide craft mentorship and share subject matter expertise to other engineers
- Build and maintain production-quality C++
- Proficiency in 3D math, algorithms, and contemporary animation techniques
- Autonomously navigate complicated systems to make improvements and upgrades
- Effectively communicate with artists of different technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
Contract and International FTE employees receive competitive benefits through their relevant contracting agency.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.